© Copyright Bee Wilder November 17, 2015
First, it is important to understand that Inflammation and Infection are Natural Healing Processes.
Jock itch, like any other kind of health problem, is due to The Five Primary Causes of All Failing Health:
- Lack of the correct combination of nutrients that all humans need in order to be healthy.
- Lack of oxygen at a cellular level and/or the inability to utilize it.
- Accumulation of toxins, poisons, and waste because of an inability of the body to detoxify like it should.
- Lowered vitality (energy) due to stress, shock, injury, emotional upsets, losses, relationship or financial worries, being unhealthy, etc.
- Poor “Nutritional Status” acquired from parents upon conception, i.e. nutritional deficiencies and/or imbalances that damage the sperm and/ or egg (ovum).
Jock Itch (tinea cruris)
This infection is called “jock itch” because it mainly occurs in male genitals and groin/crotch. It is sometimes called crotch itch, crotch rot, crack fungus, bag rot, eczema, and ringworm of the groin.
The symptoms include itching, a red rash, small blisters, dandruff-like scales on either side of the scrotum (testicles) that can include the entire groin and surrounding area, including the penis, anus and the crack in the buttocks.
Male genitals and groin can get inflammation and infection for two main reasons:
- To eliminate toxins (poisons) from the area or from other areas of the body. The major organs the body uses for detoxification are the liver, lungs, kidneys and skin and the genitals and groin are lined with skin. Therefore inflammation and infection in that area can happen to anyone, including babies and old people, in order to heal and detoxify.
- Female and male genitals can be irritated or injured by sex that creates a lot of friction, clothing that is too tight that causes chaffing, etc.
It can only be cured from inside the body, mainly with all the nutrients the body needs in order to be healthy. Therefore, as with any other infection, the main treatment is a nutritious program (foods and supplements) which is why Bee’s Candida Program improves anyone’s health – see How to Successfully Overcome Candida
Jock Itch Treatments
- Do not use colored or perfumed toilet paper; instead use unbleached toilet paper.
- Launder clothing in unscented detergent, and do not use fabric softeners.
- Do not take bubble baths or use scented oils in your bath or perfumed soap. Instead add 1 cup of Epsom Salts or 1 cup of baking soda to the bath. Also use a non-toxic bar soap from the health food store that is unscented, preferably made with coconut oil.
- Avoid using scented or antibacterial soaps, instead us a good quality coconut oil based soap available at the health store, or wash thoroughly with plain water.
- Wear 100% cotton underwear that is loose, such as boxer shorts, and change it frequently, particularly if it gets damp or sweaty.
- Do not wear tight fitting clothing made of synthetic fibres. Instead wear natural fibres like 100% cotton. Natural fibres allow the skin to breathe which helps keep the area dry as well.
- Sleep in a nightshirt or in the nude so the entire area can breathe.
- After cycling, exercising, or doing any other activity that creates a lot of sweating and friction, rinse off well with plain water.
- Rub unrefined coconut oil into the affected areas as often as possible.
- Apply cool water (not cold) compresses to the area.
- Take a sitz bath (use a container or dishpan just big enough to immerse your entire bottom), or sit in a warm bath with just enough water to immerse your bottom and add 1/2 of baking soda. Or you can take a full bath using 1 cup of Epsom Salts.
- Rub coconut oil into the itchy areas.
To Help Alleviate Itching