Your journey towards health begins by reading and learning.
If you are not healthy you need to do Bee’s Candida Program which is an OVERALL Healing Program that improves anyone’s health as witnessed by these miraculous Success Stories. To understand what you need to do to take charge of your health and your life! Read: How to Successfully Overcome Candida.
Table of ContentsPrimary Causes of Health Problems
- The Five Primary Causes of All Failing Health
- Your Health Depends Upon You!
- Lack of Nutrition & Oxygen
- The Optimal Diet Cures Diseases
- Three Food Groups
- Most Processed Foods Are Not Real Foods!
- Today’s Standard Diet Does Not Support Health
- Toxic Chemicals In Our Blood
- Toxic Sources & Issues That Adversely Affect Health
- Manipulating Governments to Pass Laws
- Irradiation & Microwaving Kills Foods!
- Agribusiness Produces Foods Unfit To Eat!
- Endocrine Disruptors
- Antibiotics as Animal Feed Additives
- Mass-Produced Poultry & Eggs
- Soil Lacks Nutrients
- Sugar Is Poison!
- Fruit Is Not As Healthy As You Think
- Insulin Resistant Cells
- Unnatural Oils & Fats Damage the Entire Body
- Cells Not Constructed As Nature Intended
- Soy & Soy-Based Foods Damage Health
- Soy Allergies Are Common
- Table Salt Is Poison!
- Grains, Nuts, Seeds & Legumes Are Unfit For Human Consumption
- Fibers Are Damaging To Health
- Scientific Proof Carbohydrates Cause Disease
- The Cholesterol Theory Is a Total Scam!
- What’s Wrong with Published Food Guides?
- Foods That Damage Summary
- Saturated Fats Are Vital To Your Health
- Good Fats Do Not Make You Fat!
- Protein & Fats Are Critical to Your Health
- Minerals, the Building Blocks of Health
- Recommended Protein, Fat and Carbs Ratios
- How To Choose Healthy Foods
- Protein Intake
- High Intake of Natural Fats & Oils
- Coconut Oil
- Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs)
- Fat Soluble Vitamins
- Cod Liver Oil & Fish Oils
- Low Carbohydrates
- Make Changes Gradually
- Hering’s Law of Cures
- The Natural Healing Process
- Healing Reactions Means Success
Primary Causes of Failing Health
The Five Primary Causes of All Failing Health
- Lack of the correct combination of nutrients that All Humans need in order to be healthy.
- Lack of oxygen at a cellular level and/or the inability to utilize it.
- Accumulation of toxins, poisons, and waste because of an inability of the body to detoxify like it should.
- Lowered vitality (energy) due to stress, shock, injury, emotional upsets, losses, relationship or financial worries, being unhealthy physically, etc.
- Poor “Nutritional Status” acquired from parents upon conception, i.e. nutritional deficiencies and/or imbalances that damage the sperm and egg (ovum).
Your Health Depends Upon You!
Nature’s laws ensure survival of the fittest. Your survival and how well you live depends upon you taking charge of your own health. No one else can do that for you, not doctors, not your mother, not your spouse, and certainly not the government!
Medical and drug businesses are “just that” businesses! Businesses have one major goal, and that is to make money! Therefore that mean their services, products, and advice will not necessarily help you. In fact the medical field is rampant with false theories, deception, and information that have caused a great deal of harm to you, your family and your friends.
Drug companies are behind most of the deception and false information being fed to you, and they use doctors like puppets. Drug companies make the highest profits of any other company on Earth, and they manipulate governments to pass laws that benefit them and protect their precious profits! However, you need to know that any and all drugs are toxic to the human body and they deteriorate and ruin health, see How Our Bodies React to Poisons (Toxins). In order to heal you will need to:
- Give your body the the combination of nutrients it needs to heal and maintain health – food is medicine!
- Increase your body’s oxygen levels, and it’s ability to utilize and transport oxygen.
- Eliminate as many sources of toxins and poisons as possible.
- Improve your digestion and your body’s ability to eliminate toxins (detoxify).
- Eliminate processed and damaging foods that are not fit for human consumption!
Lack of Nutrition & OxygenWhen your body lacks the nutrients and oxygen it needs to heal and maintain health it results in:
- Lowered capacity to digest, absorb, utilize, and transport nutrients.
- Lowered capacity to produce, utilize, and transport hormones, enzymes, and other important substances within the body.
- Lowered capacity to obtain, utilize, and transport oxygen.
- Lowered capacity to eliminate toxins, poisons, and waste, including the cells’ natural waste products.
This results in many diseases that are prevalent today, including cancer, diabetes, heart disease, degenerative diseases, malfunctioning organs, disease syndromes, etc.
Some foods, like sugars, processed foods, and man-made unnatural fats and oils, contribute tremendously to diseases and malfunctions because they directly cause all of the five points above. Unnatural fats and oils are not only toxic to the body, but the body incorporates them into all cell membranes, which makes the cells flabby [out of condition; not strong, weak]. When cell membranes are not constructed the way nature intended every cell through the body:
- Is not as able to utilize and transport oxygen, water and nutrients.
- Readily allows toxins to get into them.
- Is less able to eliminate the cell’s natural waste products.
Consuming sugar and all forms of it, including a high carbohydrate diet, and unnatural fats and oils makes your cells weak and they will lack oxygen. This is the perfect prescription for many diseases.
The Optimal Diet Cures Diseases
With proper nutrition it is possible to reverse cancer, diabetes, and heart disease (the three leading causes of death today), along with many other diseases and malfunctions, i.e. asthma, obesity, etc. Proof of this is happening in Poland today, with The Optimal Diet. Over 30 years ago Dr. Jan Kwasniewski first devised and implemented his Optimal Diet, which is curing people of diseases and malfunctions, including heart disease, cancer, diabetes, asthma, obesity, etc. The Optimal Diet greatly improves health by correcting nutritional mistakes and errors. See The Optimal Diet.
Nutritional mistakes and errors are rampant in today’s society, mainly because of:
- The industrialization of our food supply in the late 1800s.
- False information by governments, and big business, i.e. the medical, drug, food and agricultural industries, about foods, what constitutes healthy nutrition, and about effective natural health treatments.
Most foods in supermarkets today are not “real foods”; they are “fake chemically-laden foods” that contain damaging toxins and chemicals, and they are totally devoid of nutrients. Even some “real foods” have been tampered with by the food and agricultural industries, in order to save them time and money, and their tampering is damaging your health! Eating such foods will deteriorate your health, if it hasn’t already.
Three Food Groups
- Carbohydrates (carbs), which are all foods not classified as protein or fat, including fruits, vegetables, grains, seeds, nut, herbs, spices, all forms of sugar, etc.
Within each of these groups there are many damaging, chemically-laden, and fake foods produced by the food and agricultural industries.
Most Processed Foods Are Not Real Foods!
To regain and maintain your health all processed food should be eliminated from your diet, particularly the following:
- Sugars, including honey, molasses, artificial sugar substitutes and sweeteners.
- Improperly prepared grains, , nuts, seeds and legumes.
- Soy and soybean derived products.
It wasn’t until the 20th century that food production and processing became industrialized. Prior to that time diseases that are prevalent today were largely unknown. Industrialization has ushered in many foods that aren’t “real,”as Frank Forncich writes in his article, Is it Foods?: “The single most important thing we need to know about nutrition in the modern world is how to recognize the difference between Food and Food Products:
|- grown – messy – variable quality – goes bad fast – requires preparation – vibrant colors, rich textures – authentically flavorful – strong connection to land and culture||- produced, manufactured – neat, convenient – always the same – keeps forever – instant results – dull, bland – artificially flavorful – no connection to land or culture|
He makes these suggestions to help you distinguish between “real food” and food products:
- If it didn’t exist until after 1903 (when the hydrogenation process was invented), it’s probably not a “real food.”
- If it is wrapped in layers of plastic, cardboard and foil, it’s probably not food.
- If it requires heavy advertising to sell it, it’s probably not food.
In other words, “real foods” are foods direct from nature, which were consumed by our ancestors for eons, long before the industrialization of our food supply.
Today’s Standard Diet Does Not Support Health
Today’s standard diet cannot support health mainly because is largely driven by the food processing and agribusiness industries whose only motive is profits!
It is loaded with sugars, high carbohydrates, damaging unnatural oils and fats (margarine, shortening, and vegetable oils), white flour products, chemicals, food additives, preservatives, pesticides, and heavy metals, all of which are toxic and very damaging to health. In fact the accumulation of toxins from foods, water, and the environment in our blood is killing us!
Toxic Chemicals in Our Blood
Chemical compounds that are found everywhere in our food, air, and water are now found in every person. The accumulation of these compounds in some individuals can cause a variety of dysfunctions and in some cases outright disease. Systems in the body most affected by these xenobiotic compounds (a chemical or substance that is foreign to an organism or biological system) include the neurological (brain and nerves) system, and the endocrine systems. Toxicity in these systems can lead to asthma, cancer, learning difficulties, mood changes, neurological illnesses, changes in sexual desire and functioning, reproductive dysfunction, and upsets in blood glucose levels, etc.
None of us choose to have hazardous pesticides in our bodies yet, as reported by Colleen Huber in her article The Toxic Bucket: How Environmental Medicine Unloads the Burden of Synthetic Chemicals from the Body: “A Mount Sinai School of Medicine study found that each of nine volunteers averaged 91 chemical compounds in the blood and urine. Of the 167 chemicals discovered among the volunteers tested, 94 are toxic to the brain or nervous system, 76 are carcinogenic and 79 are linked to birth defects. The volunteers tested do not work with chemicals on the job, nor do they live close to an industrial facility. Rather, they represent the average body burden of an ordinary American citizen.
Toxic Sources & Issues That Adversely Affect Health
There are many environmental sources of toxins and poisons that adversely affect health, including chemicals, pesticide spraying, chemtrails, smog, radiation and electromagnetic exposure, i.e. cell phones, computers, TVs, microwave ovens, electrical outlets and appliances, power lines, etc.
Fluoride is a toxic substance is added to foods, toothpaste, and water, and is a damaging treatment by dentists which does not help our teeth, gums and mouth in any way. It has been highly promoted as a defense against tooth decay, however this is not true. Fluoride causes many health problems and it damages the enamel on teeth, see Fluoride – The Hidden Poison. You can easily eliminate most sources of fluoride by:
- Refusing dental fluoride treatments.
- Using fluoride-free natural toothpaste or brushing your teeth with baking soda or a 50/50 mixture of ocean sea salt and baking soda made into a paste with a little water or 3% hydrogen peroxide.
- Not eating processed foods.
Human health is also deteriorated by many other sources of toxic substances, see Toxins – Environmental, Household, Personal Care, Etc..
Dirty Secrets of Agribusiness and the Food Processing Industry
Agribusiness and the food processing industry are powerful forces that have influenced high consumption of sugar, carbohydrates, unnatural toxic oils and fats, and other nutrient-devoid foods, toxins, and chemicals. That is because their main motivation is money! They would have us convinced that we restrict our eating to only dead foods that have no nutritional value whatsoever, just so their pockets can be lined.
Manipulating Governments to Pass Laws
Every year the food industry and agribusiness spends millions of dollars lobbying for laws that will save them time and money! They have been successful in getting laws passed that allow poisons in our foods, i.e. preservatives, additives, coloring agents, foaming agents, binders, thickeners, stabilizers, emulsifiers, and many other chemicals.
These laws only benefit them, and they damage your health! This means our foods are stripped of nutrients, and damaged and poisoned by chemicals, high heat, radiation, hydrogenation, pasteurization, etc. which ruins foods and makes them toxic and damaging to the human body. See: Dirty Secrets of the Food Processing Industry.
Irradiation & Microwaving Kills Foods!
Some of these laws allow the food industry to kill foods! This is done by a process called irradiation. Irradiation is when foods are exposed to high levels of radiation in order to extend shelf life or to kill bacteria. Microwaving also damages and kills foods exactly the same way irradiation does. Radiation breaks up the molecular structure of the food and creates a whole new set of chemicals known as “unique radiolytic products” (URPs). URPs include chemicals such benzene and formaldehyde, and a host of known mutagens (capable of causing mutation) and carcinogens (capable of inducing cancer). Irradiation also kills nutrients, friendly bacteria and enzymes, and effectively renders the food “dead.” This makes these foods totally useless to your body. In fact you would probably get more nutrients by eating cardboard. For more information see Microwaving & Irradiation Dangers.
Agribusiness Produces Foods Unfit to Eat!
In addition to killing our foods our industrial system of agriculture puts cattle, dairy cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys, etc. inside cramped quarters, on cement floors, and feeds them foods they are not designed to eat so they are not healthy. As stated in Raising Healthy Dairy Cows, Raw Milk Resources Guide (2003): “Ruminant animals have four stomachs and are evolutionarily adapted to eat pasture (grass), browse and [eat] other plants. Today’s dairy cows are nutritionally depleted and stressed by being forced to produce huge quantities of milk. To survive they need a lot to eat, so forage is supplemented with grains. According to a study published in The European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, livestock that are fed on grain have more omega-6 fat, which may promote heart disease, and less omega-3 fat, which is beneficial for cardiac health, than both wild animals and grass-fed livestock.”
Endocrine disruptors are exogenous (originating from outside the body) substances that cause adverse biological effects by interfering with the endocrine system (see the next paragraph) which disrupts the production and function of hormones. The foundations of the endocrine system are hormones and glands. Hormones are the body’s chemical messengers which transfer information and instructions from one set of cells to another.
Glands involved in the endocrine system mainly consist of the adrenal glands, thyroid, pituitary, and reproductive glands, which include the ovaries and testes. Hormones are also produced by the pancreas, brain, heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, thymus, skin, and placenta.
Antibiotics as Animal Feed Additives
In addition to hormones, about nine million pounds of antibiotic feed additives are used annually in the cattle-raising process. Many people don’t realize that the largest use of antibiotics in the United States is for animals so that they will gain more weight, and also to prevent disease outbreaks that could easily occur because the animals are raised in such crowded conditions and fed foods they are not intended to eat. Animals that are raised in natural environments and not on “factory farms” rarely get sick, so they do not require drugs, antibiotics and vaccines.
Mass-Produced Poultry & Eggs
Mass-produced chickens and turkeys are raised in similar circumstances to other factory farm animals. They are crammed into very small quarters and fed foods that are unnatural to them, such as all-vegetarian grains that include soy. These unnatural foods make birds sick, requiring treatments with vaccines and antibiotics. Meat and eggs from these confined, sickly birds not only results in poor quality eggs and meats that lack nutrients, but they also have less taste and less good fats required for human health.
Good fats that are required for human health include essential fatty acids, including omega 3 and omega 6. However standard diets contain too much omega 6 and not enough omega 3 which causes an imbalance in the body’s fat metabolism pathways. The best source of omega 3 is meats and eggs, however as Sally Fallon writes in her cookbook Nourishing Traditions: “Most commercial vegetable oils contain very little omega-3 linolenic acid and large amounts of the omega-6 linoleic acid.
In addition, modern agricultural and industrial practices have reduced the amount of omega-3 fatty acids in commercially available vegetables, eggs, fish and meat. For example, organic eggs from hens allowed to feed on insects, bugs, and green plants can contain omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids in the beneficial ratio of approximately one-to-one; but commercial supermarket eggs can contain as much as nineteen times more omega-6 than omega-3! There is an important difference in the ratio of omega-6s to 3s according to how the animals are fed and raised. For example, grain-fed beef can have ratios that exceed 20:1, but grass-fed beef is down around 3:1. Similar ratios are found in all grain-fed versus grass-fed livestock products. Grass-fed livestock are rich in all the fats that are health-enhancing and provide the body with goods fats for the production of cholesterol.
Similarly free-range chickens produce eggs with an omega 6:3 ratio of 1.5 to one, whereas the “supermarket egg” has a ratio of 20 to one.” Like all birds, their natural food consists of seeds, fresh greens, insects, bugs, worms, and other meats. Alan Nation writes in his article How We Farmed: Traditional American Farming Techniques and What We Can Learn from Them [from 1916]: “The best size flock was said to be between 300 and 500 birds. Flocks larger than this were thought to be too susceptible to disease. One hundred hens were said to consume as much pasture per year as a 1000 pound beef cow and were considered to be one animal unit.
Sprouted oats were fed during the winter to keep both the mature birds and particularly chicks healthy. Access to pasture was recommended for chicks as soon as they could be released from the heated brooder, in order to prevent disease. . . . winter-confined birds cut off from their access to bugs and worms were supplied with meat scraps daily. Chickens were not seen as vegetarians in 1916!”
Soil Lacks NutrientsAnimal health [and human health] is largely dependent upon soil health even when animals are allowed to eat their natural diets. In Agriculture and Nutrition Gary Wilson writes: “A diet that forces the animal or human to eat more carbohydrates to obtain the required protein and minerals is a fattening diet. We may worry about what fattening foods we eat, but we never worry about the fact that the same food may be more or less fattening depending on the soil fertility and the fertilizers used in the crop’s production.”
Most of our food is grown on soil which is sadly depleted of it life-giving nutrients as observed by Dr. Weston A. Price in his book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration: “THE data available on the subject of soil depletion and animal deterioration are so voluminous that it would require a volume to present them adequately.
When we realize the quantities of many of the minerals which must enter into the composition of the bodies of human beings and other animals, we appreciate the difficulty of providing in pasture and agricultural soils a concentration of these minerals sufficient to supply the needs for plant growth and food production. In correspondence with government officials in practically every state of the United States I find that during the last fifty years there has been a reduction in capacity of the soil for productivity in many districts, amounting to from 25 to 50 per cent.”
Note: Dr. Weston A. Price wrote his book in 1939, so just imagine how much more the soil has been depleted of nutrients since then. Dr. Price also notes: “Not only is the soil itself depleted of nutrients but also many toxic chemicals are use to fight off predators, insects and disease, particularly by factory farms. These are done to save time and money, but they have absolutely no benefit to animal, plant or human health. In fact, the reverse is true. See Soil depletion and plant and animal deterioration.
Traditional Mixed Farms Produce Healthy FoodsAgriculture that produces foods as close to nature as possible are the foods humans are intended to consume! Healthy animals raised on traditional mixed farms are not sick and their meats and eggs are also healthy, as written by Charles Eisenstein in The Ethics of Eating Meat: A Radical View: “For in fact, there are other ways of raising animals for food, ways that make livestock an environmental asset rather than a liability, and in which animals do not lead lives of suffering.
Consider, for example, a traditional mixed farm combining a variety of crops, pasture land and orchards. Here, manure is not a pollutant or a waste product; it is a valuable resource contributing to soil fertility. In a farm that is not just a production facility but an ecology, livestock has a beneficial role to play. The cycles, connections and relationships among crops, trees, insects, manure, birds, soil, water and people on a living farm form an intricate web, “organic” in its original sense, a thing of beauty not easily lumped into the same category as a 5000-animal concrete hog factory. Any natural environment is home to animals and plants, and it seems reasonable that an agriculture that seeks to be as close as possible to Nature would incorporate both.”
Foods That Damage
Sugar Is Poison!The average person living in the Western world consumes about 125 pounds of refined table sugar every year! Did you know that sugar is poisonous to the body and that it leads to, or directly causes many adverse health issues, see Sugar, 143 Reasons Why Sugar Is Ruining Your Health. Here are just a few examples:
- Sugar upsets the mineral relationships in the body. It also interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
- Sugar produces a low oxygen environment.
- Sugar causes a loss of tissue elasticity and function.
- Sugar can cause and/or lead to appendicitis, atherosclerosis, arthritis,asthma, cancer, candida (fungal overgrowth), eczema, emphysema, gallstones,heart disease, hemorrhoids, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, periodontal disease, varicose veins, etc.
- Sugar weakens eyesight and it can cause cataracts.
- Sugar contributes to diabetes and obesity.
- Sugar is the #1 enemy of the bowel movement.
- Sugar can cause headaches, including migraine.
- Sugar can cause depression.
- Sugar causes indigestion and constipation.
- Sugar feeds cancer and other fungal diseases, i.e. candida (fungal overgrowth).
- Sugar is an addictive substance, and it can be intoxicating, similar to alcohol.
- Sugar causes high blood pressure in obese people.
Did you know that vitamin C and sugar have similar chemical structures so that means they compete with one another for entry into the cells? New research confirms Dr. John Ely’s 30-year theory that sugar (glucose) competes with ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) for insulin-mediated uptake into cells. Consuming sugar can effectively crowd out the ascorbate (vitamin C). The effect of the Linus Pauling’s Therapy [high doses of vitamin C] is reportedly much more pronounced and immediate when sugar is eliminated.
If there is more sugar around less vitamin C is allowed into the cell, and vice versa. It is interesting that taking vitamin C also helps curb cravings for sugar, alcohol and carbohydrates. Since our bodies cannot make vitamin C on its own, it must be obtained from foods or supplements on a daily basis.
In his book Sugar Blues, Bill Dufty points out numerous examples of physical diseases and psychological disorders that can be traced back to diets that are deficient in whole unprocessed foods, and dominated by highly processed fats and sugars. One example he notes is that “by 1662, sugar consumption in England had zoomed from zero to some 16 million pounds a year, this in little over two centuries. Then, in 1665, London was swept by a plague.” However, the bubonic plague was blamed on rats?
The problem with sugar consumption is not just limited to refined table sugar. Other types of sugars are just as damaging, i.e. corn syrup and sweeteners, honey, maple syrup, molasses, glucose, fructose (fruits), and all artificial sugar substitutes and sweeteners, i.e. NutraSweet, aspartame, saccharin, etc. – see the partial list below. Names for Sugars and Sweeteners (partial list)
Artificial sugars are particularly damaging to the body because they are neurotoxic, meaning they cause damage to the brain, spinal cord and nervous system. In Sugar-Free Blues Jim Earles writes this about aspartame: “Researchers at Utah State University found that even at low levels aspartame induces adverse changes in the pituitary glands of mice. The pituitary gland is the master gland upon which the proper function of all biochemical processes depend. When aspartame is digested it breaks down into the amino acids phenylalanine and aspartic acid, plus methanol. Methanol, or wood alcohol, is a known poison.
Methanol is also found in fruit juices, and our regulatory agencies have seized upon this fact to assure us that the methanol by-product of aspartame is not harmful. They fail to point out that the methanol content of a diet soft drink is 15 to 100 times higher than that of fruit juices.”
Fruit Is Not As Healthy As You ThinkDid you know that fruit is not the healthy food it is claimed to be? Fruit is mostly fructose sugar with some vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. Those vitamins and nutrients are easily obtained from meats, eggs, and vegetables. Did you know there is more vitamin C in broccoli and peppers than in any fruits sold at the grocery store today, and that meats and eggs also contain vitamin C? Even healthy people should limit fruit consumption to two per day and they should always be accompanied by plenty of saturated fats to slow the release of fructose into the bloodstream. That is why strawberries and cream tastes so good together! Like all other sugars, fructose causes insulin resistance (see the section below), as proven in scientific tests. Fruits that are lowest in sugar are grapefruit, lemon and lime. Also a high carbohydrate diet is just as damaging to your body as sugar – see the section below Scientific Proof Carbohydrates Cause Disease. Did you know you can obtain all of your body’s blood sugar requirements by eating meats, eggs and saturated fats, and no carbohydrates! That is because “58% of the protein and about 10% of the fat you eat are converted to glucose,” as stated by Prevention Magazine.
Insulin Resistant CellsSugar and a diet high in carbohydrates creates insulin resistant cell. Insulin is a hormone secreted by the pancreas. It helps the body utilize blood glucose (blood sugar) by binding with receptors on cells like a key would fit into a lock. Once the key, which is insulin, has unlocked the door, the glucose can pass from the blood into the cell. Inside the cell, glucose is either used for energy or stored for future use in the form of glycogen in the liver or muscle cells. The body’s cells become insulin resistant because they are trying to protect themselves from the toxic effects of high insulin, which is required to regulate blood sugar levels when the diet is high in sugars and carbohydrates. This causes the cells to down-regulate their receptor activity and the numbers of their receptors so they don’t have to receive that noxious stimuli’ all the time. It is like having this loud disgusting music being played and you have to turn down the volume. Insulin resistance by the cells leads to blood sugar problems like hypoglycemia and diabetes, and also to high blood pressure. In Insulin and Its Metabolic Affects Ron Rosedale, M.D. states: “A less known fact is that insulin also stores magnesium. But if your cells become resistant to insulin, you can’t store magnesium so you lose it through urination. Intracellular magnesium relaxes muscles. What happens when you can’t store magnesium because the cell is resistant? You lose magnesium and your blood vessels constrict. This causes an increase in blood pressure and a reduction in energy since intracellular magnesium is required for all energy producing reactions that take place in the cell. But most importantly, magnesium is also necessary for the action of insulin and the manufacture of insulin. When you raise your insulin, you lose magnesium, and the cells become even more insulin resistant. Blood vessels constrict and glucose and insulin can’t get to the tissues, which makes them more insulin resistant, so the insulin levels go up and you lose more magnesium. This is the vicious cycle that begins even before you were born.”
Unnatural Oils & Fats Damage the Entire BodyYou cannot afford to jeopardize your health by consuming unnatural oils and fats, such as man-made hydrogenated fats (trans-fats) and polyunsaturated fats and oils from vegetables oils (except extra virgin olive oil). These fats and oils are damaging to your entire body because they affect the structure of every single cell. Not only are these fats toxic, increasing the body’s need for vitamin E and other antioxidants (substances that guard the body against harmful effects), but they also severely depress the immune system. The fact is these unnatural fats act just like plastic in your body. You wouldn’t melt down Tupperware and eat it, so you do not want to consume any unnatural plastic fats and oils. The hydrogenation process used by the oils and fats industry produces trans-fats, which are more damaging than any other oils and fats because it employs: 1) high heat, 2) a metal catalyst such as nickel, zinc, copper, or other reactive metals, and 3) hydrogen gas. This is a volatile combination designed to extract and process oils, but it results in an extremely toxic product that the body reacts to it like it does to other toxins and poisons. Also these fats and oils go rancid (become decomposed) very easily, even when refrigerated, and often they are rancid when purchased at the store. Vegetable fats and oils to eliminate from your diet are derived from plants such as canola (from rape seed), safflower, sunflower, soybean, and corn. This includes products that contain these fats, such as margarine, salad dressing, mayonnaise, cooking and baking oils and fats, and a myriad of foods that contain these fats and oils. This includes everything from soup to nuts! Literally! Other products that contain these plastic oils and fats are: breads, pastries, cake, cookies, muffins, buns, French fries, potato chips, snack foods, soups, canned meats, processed meats, cream substitutes and flavorings, ice cream, nuts, and so on and so on. The only way to eliminate them is to make homemade condiments, soups, broths, etc. (see our Recipes Section) and by purchasing unprocessed “real” foods. To learn more about the kind of damage these fats and oils cause see Know Your Fats. Plants from which vegetable fats and oils are produced have evolved a variety of toxins designed by nature to protect them from “predators” such as grazing animals, and their seeds contain a variety of toxins. The seed oils themselves block digestive enzymes that break down protein in the stomach. These digestive enzymes are necessary for proper digestion, production of thyroid hormones, clot removal, immunity and general adaptability of cells. Therefore using such plants to produce oils and fats is unnatural, and they are very damaging to the body. In The Skinny on Fats Sally Fallon notes: “One reason the polyunsaturates [fats and oils] cause so many health problems is that they tend to become oxidized or rancid when subjected to heat, oxygen and moisture as in cooking and processing. She goes on to say “They have been characterized as “marauders” in the body for they attack cell membranes and red blood cells and cause damage in DNA/RNA strands, [the material inside the nucleus of cells that carries genetic information] thus triggering mutations in tissue, blood vessels and skin. Free radical [unstable molecular fragments that can damage cells] damage to the skin causes wrinkles and premature aging; free radical damage to the tissues and organs sets the stage for tumors; free radical damage in the blood vessels initiates the buildup of plaque. Is it any wonder that tests and studies have repeatedly shown a high correlation between cancer and heart disease with the consumption of polyunsaturates? New evidence links exposure to free radicals with premature aging, with autoimmune diseases such as arthritis and with Parkinson’s disease, Lou Gehrig’s disease, Alzheimer’s and cataracts.
Cells Not Constructed As Nature IntendedUnfortunately the body will incorporate these unnatural man-made fats and oils into every cell, which changes the structure of cell membranes. When these plastic fats and oils are incorporated into the cells it makes them flabby, meaning they are “out of condition” and “not strong.” Weak flabby cell membranes allow toxins to enter them, which further damages health, as in the case of lung cancer from cigarette smoke. Most of the body’s cells need to be constructed with 50% saturated fats, except the lungs, which require 100% saturated fat and in Saturated Fats and the Lungs Mary G. Enig, PhD points out “When people consume a lot of partially hydrogenated fats and oils, the trans fatty acids are put into the phospholipids [fats] where the body normally wants to have saturated fatty acids and the lungs may not work effectively.” When our body’s cells are constructed as nature intended they do not allow harmful toxins to enter and they are better able to utilize nutrients and oxygen, and to get rid of waste. For this reason all unnatural fats and oils should not be consumed by anyone!
Soy & Soy-Based Foods Damage Health!Soy and all soybean based products, milks, oils, etc. are toxic and extremely damaging to the body! The reason is because soybeans contain large quantities of many harmful substances which are natural toxins or “anti-nutrients.” These anti-nutrients include potent enzyme inhibitors that block the action of enzymes needed for protein digestion, which are “not” deactivated during ordinary cooking and can produce serious gastric distress, reduced protein digestion and chronic deficiencies in amino acid (proteins) uptake. In test animals, diets high in enzyme inhibitors cause enlargement and pathological conditions of the pancreas, thyroid malfunction and other diseases, including cancer. Soy contains other harmful substances as noted by Sally Fallon, Weston A. Price Foundation writes in The Ploy of Soy: “The soybean also contains hemaglutinin, a clot promoting substance that causes red blood cells to clump together. Trypsin inhibitors and hemaglutinin have been rightly labelled “growth depressant substances.” Sally goes on to say that fabricated soy foods are the worst: “A final indignity to the original soy bean is high-temperature, high-pressure extrusion processing of soy protein isolate to produce textured vegetable protein [TVP]. Numerous artificial flavorings, particularly MSG, are added to TVP products to mask their strong “beany” taste, and impart the flavor of meat. Soy protein isolate and textured vegetable protein are used extensively in school lunch programs, commercial baked goods, diet beverages and fast food products. They are heavily promoted in third world countries and form the basis of many food give-away programs. These soy products greatly inhibit zinc and iron absorption; in test animals they cause enlarged organs, particularly the pancreas and thyroid gland, and increased deposition of fatty acids in the liver.” Soybeans also contain one of the highest percentages of pesticides of any of our foods, as well as being 99% genetically modified. In Myths & Truths About Soy Sally Fallon states: “Soy isoflavones are endocrine disrupters [described above in the section on Agribusiness]. At dietary levels, they can prevent ovulation and stimulate the growth of cancer cells. Eating as little as 30 grams (about 4 tablespoons) of soy per day can result in hypothyroidism [underactive thyroid function] with symptoms of lethargy, constipation, weight gain and fatigue. Soybeans are also high in phytic acid, present in the bran or hulls of all seeds, which blocks the absorption of essential minerals – calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and especially zinc – in the intestinal tract.” What about soy isoflavones that are touted as healthy for you? Sally Fallon writes in The Ploy of Soy: Cancer Preventing or Cancer Causing?: “The food industry also touts soy products for their cancer preventing properties. Isoflavone aglycones are anti-carcinogenic substances found in traditionally fermented soybean products. However, in non-fermented soy products such as tofu and soy milk, these isoflavones are present in an altered form . . ., which have no anti-carcinogenic effect. Some researchers believe the rapid increase in liver and pancreatic cancer in Africa is due to the introduction of soy products there. Soy is an extremely unhealthy food for anyone to consume. This includes soybeans and all soy-based foods, i.e. soybean oil, tofu, concentrated soy products, soymilk and beverages, soy-based baby formulas, non-dairy frozen desserts, soy cheese, soy fiber, soy flour, soy grits, soy sauce, soy nut butter, soy nuts, soy sprouts, soy bars, soy shakes, soy pasta, soy whipped toppings, cream and sour cream, as well as additives or derivatives, i.e. lecithin, hydrolyzed vegetable protein (HVP), etc.”
Many other products also contain soy, including body care products, candles, cleaners, crayons, hair products, supplements, etc. Supplements most likely to contain soy are oil soluble vitamins such as vitamins A, D and E, but other supplements have also fallen prey to the soy industry.
Most chelated mineral supplements contain amino acids derived from soy. Chelated means “firmly attached” usually to an amino acid or other organic component, so the two do not disassociate (separate) in the digestive system. Chelation is intended to increase absorption of the mineral supplement, but when it is soy it cannot do this.
Soy Allergies Are CommonSoy, also referred to as soya, soy bean, or glycine max, is among the top foods that produce [allergic] reactions worldwide — mostly, but not exclusively, in infants. Dr. Mercola, in his article Soy Can Cause Severe Allergic Reactions, writes: “A Swedish study shows that soy, like its botanically-related cousin the peanut, could be responsible for severe, potentially fatal, cases of food allergy, particularly in children with asthma who are also very sensitive to peanuts. Soy has probably been underestimated as a cause of food anaphylaxis and that labeling of foods containing soy protein should be improved. Between 1993 and 1996, 61 cases of severe reactions to food were reported, including 5 that were fatal. Peanut, soy and tree nuts caused 45 of the 61 reactions. Including two cases that occurred shortly before the study began, four deaths could be attributed to soy, say the researchers. All four of the youngsters who died from soy anaphylaxis were allergic to peanuts but had no known allergy to soy. In most cases, after consuming the food containing soy, there were no symptoms for 30 to 90 minutes. However, that period of no or mild symptoms was followed by severe and rapidly deteriorating asthma.” For more information about the damaging effects of soy and soybean-based products, see Soy Alert!.
Table Salt Is Poison!There is a big difference between table salt, found in processed foods and in grocery stores today, and healthy natural salt. It is believed that the no-salt and low-salt dogmas came about because of the damaging effects table salt has had on health. But this is not true for natural salt. Salt contains two very important macrominerals that are critical for health, which are sodium and chloride. Sally Fallon writes in Nourishing Traditions about the importance of sodium and chloride: “As all body fluids contain sodium, it can be said that sodium is essential to life. It is needed for many biochemical processes including water balance regulation, fluid distribution on either side of the cell walls, muscle contraction and expansion, nerve stimulation and acid-alkaline balance. Sodium is very important to the proper function of the adrenal glands. Chloride: It is needed for the production of hydrochloric acid and hence for protein digestion. It also activates the production of amylase enzymes [produced by the pancreas] needed for carbohydrate digestion. Chloride is also essential to proper growth and functioning of the brain. The most important source of chloride is salt, as only traces are found in most other foods. Fermented beverages, and bone broths both provide easily assimilated chloride. Other sources include celery and coconut.” Good natural salt is not the cause of high blood pressure like we’ve been led to believe. Dr. Batmanghelidj writes in his book Water: Rx for a Healthier Pain-Free Life: “Salt is most effective in stabilizing irregular heartbeats and, contrary to the misconception that it causes high blood pressure, it is actually essential for the regulation of blood pressure – in conjunction with water. Naturally the proportions are critical.” However, table salt is not “real” salt. As Dr. Mercola discusses in his article The Hidden Poison Lurking in Your Kitchen: “You cannot live without salt. However, most people simply don’t realize that there are enormous differences between the standard, refined table and cooking salt most of you are accustomed to using, and healthy natural salt. These differences can have a major impact on your staying healthy, or increasing your risk of diseases you want to avoid. If you want your body to function properly, you need holistic salt complete with all-natural elements. Today’s common table salt is poison that has nothing in common with natural salt. Most common table salt is made up of chemicals that pollute your body and wreak havoc on your health. Healthy natural salts contain no toxins and they have over 84 minerals necessary for your optimal health. What remains after typical salt is “chemically cleaned” is sodium chloride – an unnatural chemical form of salt that your body recognizes as something completely foreign. He goes on to say: “In order for your body to try to metabolize table salt crystals, it must sacrifice tremendous amounts of energy. Inorganic sodium chloride upsets your fluid balance and constantly overburdens your elimination systems, which can impair your health. When your body tries to isolate the overdose of salt you typically expose it to, water molecules must surround the sodium chloride to break them up into sodium and chloride ions in order to help your body neutralize them. To accomplish this, water is taken from your cells and you have to sacrifice the perfectly structured water already stored in your cells in order to neutralize the unnatural sodium chloride. This results in dehydrated cells that can prematurely kill them.” – see Table Salt is Poison. For more information on the many important functions of salt in the body see Vital Functions of Salt in the Body. In 1924 governments made it mandatory that salt manufacturers add inorganic iodine to table salt because of the incidence of goiters (enlarged thyroid caused by a lack of iodine). The body only requires minute amounts of iodine and the thyroid is not the only part of the body that requires it. For example, the female breast tissue needs protein-bound iodine to protect it from estrogen over stimulation. However, too much iodine is just as damaging to the thyroid and the rest of the body as too little, as Sally Fallon points out in Nourishing Traditions: “In excess, iodine can be toxic. Consumption of high amounts of inorganic iodine (as in iodized salt or iodine-fortified bread) as well as of organic iodine (as in kelp) can cause thyroid problems similar to those of iodine deficiency, including goiter.” The best natural sources of iodine are eggs, butter, seafoods and a good natural ocean sea salt. These are all very good reasons why no one should consume table salt or foods that contain them, and why it is very important to consume a high quality ocean sea salt like Celtic (known as Nature’s Cargo in Canada), which contains over 84 minerals, including natural sodium, chloride, and many trace minerals.
Grains, Nuts, Seeds & Legumes Are Unfit For Human Consumption
*Note: Legumes (French) are plants with seed pods (also called pulses), i.e. beans and peas, which does not include green, string, yellow or wax beans.
Some of the worst nutrient-devoid and damaging foods on the market today are made from grains, nuts, seeds and legumes which are not properly prepared, making them totally unfit for human consumption. Of course the food industry is not going to take the time required to prepare them like our ancestors and food artisans would. It would cost them too much money! Such foods include pastries, cake, cookies, crackers, bread, pasta, cereal, noodles, potato chips, pretzels, tacos, waffles, pancakes, muffins, nuts, nut butters, etc.
Diets high in such foods leads to serious mineral deficiencies, bone loss and other related diseases, including Parkinson’s, and erratic unstable heart beats. Also these improperly prepared grains, seeds, nuts, legumes, and fractionated products like bran and wheat germ, cause irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease, colitis, colon cancer, and many other adverse health condition.
In Be Kind To Your Grains …And Your Grains Will Be Kind To You Sally Fallon writes: “Dr. Weston Price who noted in his studies of isolated, so-called “primitive” peoples that when white flour and other devitalized foods were introduced into these communities, rampant tooth decay and disease of every sort soon followed. . . .now whole grain and bran products are being promoted as health foods without adequate appreciation of their dangers. These show up not only as digestive problems, Crohn’s disease and colitis, but also as the mental disorders associated with celiac disease.
Problems occur when we are cruel to our grains—when we fractionate them into bran, germ and naked starch; when we mill them at high temperatures; when we extrude [to force or press out] them to make crunchy breakfast cereals; and when we consume them without careful preparation. Grains require careful preparation because they contain a number of antinutrients that can cause serious health problems. Phytic acid, for example, is an organic acid in which phosphorus is bound. It is mostly found in the bran or outer hull of seeds. Untreated phytic acid can combine with calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and especially zinc in the intestinal tract and block their absorption. This is why a diet high in improperly prepared whole grains may lead to serious mineral deficiencies and bone loss [and other related diseases such as Parkinson’s and erratic unstable heart beats.]
Other antinutrients in whole grains include enzyme inhibitors which can inhibit digestion and put stress on the pancreas; irritating tannins; complex sugars which the body cannot break down; and gluten and related hard-to-digest proteins which may cause allergies, digestive disorders and even mental illness.” Did you know that the anti-nutrients contained in grains, seeds, nuts and legumes are nature’s way of protecting seeds until conditions are right for them to sprout, and grow. Preparing grains, seeds, nuts and legumes imitates nature’s conditions.
Sally Fallon writes that: “It involves soaking for a period in warm, acidulated water in the preparation of porridge, or long, slow sour dough fermentation in the making of bread. Such processes neutralize phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors. Vitamin content increases, particularly B vitamins. Tannins, complex sugars, gluten and other difficult-to-digest substances are partially broken down into simpler components that are more readily available for absorption. When grains are properly prepared through soaking, sprouting or sour leavening, the friendly bacteria of the microscopic world do some of our digesting for us in a container, just as these same lactobacilli do their work in the first and second stomachs of the herbivores.”
In fact the human digestive system is totally incapable of breaking down fibers in plant foods. Fiber foods like vegetables, grains, nuts, seeds and legumes are very hard on the intestines, which have to work extra hard to get rid of all of those fibers. This makes the bowels move too quickly, resulting in fewer nutrients being absorbed from foods. The fact is that fibers are never a solution for constipation, in fact fibers cause constipation. The solution to constipation is to eat plenty of natural fats along with proteins and low carbohydrates.Gluten Grains
Some grains contain gluten, which is an elastic gluey protein found in wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelt, kamut, triticale, and it is hidden in an endless variety of processed foods. Triticale is a new hybrid grain with the properties of wheat and rye, while spelt and kamut are gluten-containing wheat variants (despite claims to the contrary) and are likely to cause problems similar to other wheat varieties.
Gluten is a protein that is very difficult to digest, and causes a great deal of intestinal damage. This damage makes the intestines incapable of absorbing nutrients such as proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, minerals, and even water, in some cases. Celiac disease is prevalent in today’s society, which means the person is gluten intolerant.Mycotoxic Grains
Our grain food supply also contains mycotoxins (toxins produced by fungus), particularly found in corn and wheat and also found in barley, sorghum, peanuts, rye, and cottonseed. These mycotoxins are inherent in the grain during growth and it cannot be removed.
Mycotoxins greatly suppress immune function and they are neurotoxic, meaning they are poisonous to the brain and nervous system, which damages them, and it can cause many neurological dysfunctions and diseases such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s, Lou Gehrig’s disease and many others. Grains that are safer to consume are more seed-like than grain-like, and they do not contain gluten. These grains include amaranth, buckwheat, millet and quinoa.
Brown rice is also a safe grain to eat. Even when it is safe for you to consume grains, nuts, seeds, and legumes, they must all be properly prepared in order to make them fit to eat. Grains, seeds, nuts, and beans must be eaten in moderation and they should only by consumed by healthy people. People who are sick or unhealthy cannot afford to further damage their health with these types of foods.
All grains must be soaked, spouted or leavened with sour dough to make them fit for anyone to eat, and all nuts, seeds, and legumes must be soaked in an acidic medium or salt – see How to Properly Prepare Grains, Nuts, Seeds and Legumes. Grains, seeds, nuts, and legumes, like all carbohydrates, turn into glucose in the body. If a person consumes too much in relation to proteins and good natural fats they can create insulin resistance within the cells just like sugar and other sugary foods.
Fibers Are Damaging To Health
Fiber is that part of a vegetable, fruit, grain, nut seed or legume that passes undigested through the human gastrointestinal tract. The major natural source of fiber is the cellulose that forms plant cell walls but there are a number of other kinds of fiber as well. While some fiber in the diet does not cause health problems, too much fiber and certain kinds of fiber are very damaging to health.
However, today fiber is promoted as an essential part of a healthy diet that are claimed to provide many health benefits. The truth is that the risk of many diseases actually increases when large amounts of fibers (carbs) are consumed, i.e. digestive diseases, bowel cancer, diabetes, and many others.
The problem with fiber consumption is well stated by Dr. Jan Kwasniewski, a doctor in Poland, whose Optimal Nutrition diet has been curing many people of heart disease, diabetes, cancer and many other diseases and malfunctions: “For more than three decades Dr. Kwasniewski has been warning of the above [fiber in the diet]. Eating twice as much of vegetables means consuming copious amounts of fiber. This, as biochemistry textbooks are advising, means [an] increased load on our digestive system – we do not have enzymes required for digestion of fiber.
The body is then required to simply push volumes of undigested food irritating the internal walls of the intestines. It has been known for some time that fiber really does not protect from the bowel cancer. In fact, fiber consumed in larger quantities has proved to contribute to the development of the bowel cancer. So, should we now eat even more of it ??
It has been known for decades that the Optimal Nutrition provides a relief from various health problems related to the digestive system including Lesniewski-Crohn’s disease, stomach and duodenal ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, heartburn, etc.” [Lesniewski-Crohn’s disease is type of bowel disease.] Bran is by far the worst kind of fiber to consume and increasing dietary intake of fibre has shown many harmful side-effects as Barry Groves writes in his article Climb Down from the Bran Wagon: “. . . bran has a far higher fibre content than vegetables and bran was a practically worthless by-product of the milling process which, until then, had been thrown away.
Now, virtually overnight, it became a highly priced profit maker. Bran is quite inedible – there is no known enzyme in the human body that can digest it. Tests into the supposed benefits of increasing dietary intake of fibre soon showed that there could be other harmful side-effects:
- Because it is indigestible, bran ferments in the gut and can induce or increase flatulence (gas), distension (bloating), and abdominal pain.
- Although it is supposed to travel through the gut at a faster rate, it does not always do so and it has been shown to cause blockages.
- All the nutrients in food are absorbed through the gut wall and this takes time. It should be obvious, therefore, that if the food travels through faster, less will be absorbed. And, indeed, this is the case. Fibre is found to inhibit the absorption of zinc, iron, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, energy, proteins, fats and vitamins A, D, E and K.
- Phytate associated with cereal fibre (bran) [as well as grains, seeds, nuts and legumes] also binds with calcium, iron, and zinc, causing malabsorption.
For example, subjects absorbed more iron from white bread than from whole meal bread even though their intakes of iron were fifty percent higher with the whole meal bread. (25) Also, while white bread must have added calcium, the law does not require it of whole meal bread.Bran fibre has also been shown to cause faecal losses, and negative balances of calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, nitrogen, fats, fatty acids and sterols [cholesterol, certain vitamins, adrenal hormones, etc.] thus depleting the body of these materials. (A negative balance is where more is lost from the body than is absorbed, i.e. the body’s stores are depleted.)
Sally Fallon and Mary G. Enig, PhD, in their article Out of Africa: What Dr. Price [and] Dr. Burkitt Discovered in Their Studies of Sub-Saharan Tribes: “Insoluble fiber can cause pathogenic changes in the intestinal tract unless properly soaked in an acid medium.9 Oat bran, which is high in phytic acid, as well as related bran products can cause numerous problems with digestion and assimilation, leading to mineral deficiencies, irritable bowel syndrome and autoimmune difficulties such as Crohn’s disease.
Case control studies indicate that consumption of cereal fiber can be linked with detrimental effects on colon cancer formation.” Even healthy people should not consume bran and other high fiber foods, like psyllium, and they should limit their intake of other fiber foods, only consuming those that are properly prepared. Unhealthy people should consume very limited amounts of fiber foods (carbohydrates). Did you know that proteins and fats are the easiest foods for humans to digest compared to carbohydrates of any kind? A diet that contains damaging fibers and which is high in carbohydrates produces many diseases and malfunctions.
Scientific Proof Carbohydrates Cause Disease
Carbohydrates are any foods not classified as proteins or fats, which includes fruits, vegetables, grains, seeds, nuts and legumes (plants with seed pods, i.e. beans and peas, also called pulses). The average person today consumes a diet that is very high in carbohydrates which is making people gain weight, and which also causes many of the diseases that are prevalent today, as reported by Kent Rieske in his article Scientific Proof Carbohydrates Cause Disease:
“Carbohydrates cause nearly all age-related diseases. Age-related diseases are thought of as unavoidable. Many people consider it normal to get one or more of these diseases as they age. They rationalize that they are simply unlucky or that others have “better genes,” neither of which is true. [Note: However it is true that others can have “better genes” because every person inherits their parents’ nutritional status upon conception which determines the make-up of their genes/DNA.] Their health problems are most likely caused by their belief in the many popular myths and distortions about nutrition. Most likely they got hooked by the low-fat, high-carbohydrate diet craze and are now suffering as a result.
The scientific evidence is clear. Carbohydrates are a sinister, sly food category that has been getting away with murder. Carbohydrates have powerful allies. They grow, manufacture and market thousands of different carbohydrate products made from fruit, grains and starchy-vegetables. The supermarket floor space allotted to these manufactured carbohydrate foods is about 80 percent of the store, and yet the scientific minimum requirement for carbohydrates in the diet is ZERO.
Carbohydrates are not an essential element for health. In fact, optimal health lies is keeping the amount of carbohydrates in the diet to a minimum. The supermarket departments that contain the healthy essential proteins and fats are fresh meats, fresh fish and seafood, dairy and non-starchy vegetables. Everything else in the store is very high in carbohydrates, which turns to glucose, hype up the metabolism and trigger the release of disease-causing hormones like insulin, cortisol and adrenaline.
Carbohydrates displace essential protein and essential fats in the diet to cause a double health reversal. The carbohydrates themselves cause disease, and the deficiency of protein and fats contribute or cause other diseases.” A high-complex-carbohydrate diet is nothing more than a high-glucose diet or a high-sugar diet. 100% of carbohydrates turn into glucose (blood sugar) in the body, but 58% of protein and 10% of fats can also converted by the body into glucose on an “as needed basis” by the liver.
Therefore our bodies can obtain all of its blood sugar requirements on a diet that consists solely of proteins and natural fats. That is proven by the fact that Eskimos are very healthy on their natural diet of only meats and fats. See Protein & Fats Are Critical To Your Health below.
The Cholesterol Theory Is a Total Scam!
In the last few decades “The Cholesterol Theory” has contributed significantly to deteriorating health throughout the world. The cholesterol theory – also called the Lipid (fat) Hypothesis – is the belief that high blood cholesterol promotes atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) and heart disease. However this proved to be totally untrue, making it one of the biggest scams in history. Cholesterol is a molecule, often called a lipid or fat, which is a soft, waxy substance found in every cell in your body. Contrary to propaganda by the medical, drug and food industries, cholesterol is not a deadly poison, but a substance that is vital to the cells of all mammals. Uffe Ravnskov, M.D., Ph.D. writes in his book The Cholesterol Myths: Exposing the Fallacy That Saturated Fat and Cholesterol Cause Heart Disease: “Your cholesterol tells very little about your future health.” In other words your cholesterol levels are a non-issue when it comes to predicting your future health as pointed out by Dr. Ravnskov: “A high blood cholesterol is said to promote atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) and thus also coronary heart disease. But many studies have shown that people whose blood cholesterol is low become just as atherosclerotic as people whose cholesterol is high. Even if you ate absolutely no fats or oils of any kind your body would still produce cholesterol. Your body produces three to four times more cholesterol than you eat. The production of cholesterol increases when you eat little cholesterol and decreases when you eat much.” Cholesterol is your friend and not some dangerous monster. It is a vital repair and protective substance that is extremely important for proper functioning of the immune system and many other body functions as follows:
- Nourishing the brain, which is 80% cholesterol.
- Forms the structure of all cell membranes.
- Nourishes and maintains a healthy nervous system; it is directly responsible for the formation of nerve fiber sheaths.
- Formation of hormones, including estrogen, testosterone, aldosterone (produced by the adrenal glands), etc.
- Formation of vitamin D.
- Formation of bile acids required for digestion.
- Protects repairs and strengthens the heart, as well as the walls of arteries and blood vessels.
- Heals, strengthens and repairs the lining of the intestines.
- Builds healthy bones and muscles.
- Protects against infectious diseases.
- Regulates blood sugar.
- Repairs damaged tissues.
- Protects the body from the damaging effects of toxins; it is a powerful antioxidant.
- Maintains energy, vitality, libido [sexual desire] and fertility.
- Many other important functions.
What’s Wrong with Published Food Guides?The food pyramid published by the U.S. government was changed in 2005 and it contains these main guidelines:
- Emphasizes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products.
- Includes lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts.
- Is low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt (sodium), and added sugars.
- Grain Products
- Vegetables and Fruit
- Milk Products
- Meat and Alternatives
- Enjoy a variety of foods.
- Emphasize cereals, breads, other grain products, vegetables and fruit.
- Choose lower-fat dairy products, leaner meats and food prepared with little or no fat.
- Achieve and maintain a healthy body weight by enjoying regular physical activity and healthy eating.
- Limit salt, alcohol and caffeine.
- Emphasis on carbohydrates, which is too easily translated into a high-carb diet.
- Low-fat; man-made vegetable fats need to be eliminated however good nature-made fats are critical for health.
- Low-salt; table salt must be eliminated, however good ocean sea salt is critical for health.
- Lean meats; meats must be accompanied by enough nature-made fats or it can make a person sick.
- Low fat dairy products; high nature-made fats is very critical for health. Also the higher the fat content the lower the lactose which most people are not able to digest.
Foods That Damage Summary
- Processed foods, fake foods and food products, particularly white flour.
- Irradiated and microwaved foods.
- Pasteurized foods and foods that are processed using high heat.
- Meats, eggs and seafoods from “factory farms.”
- Genetically modified foods.
- Sugar and all forms of it, including a high consumption of fruits, honey, molasses, substitute, and fake sugars, etc.
- Man-made vegetable oils and fats, except extra virgin olive oil, and all products containing them.
- Soy and soybean-based foods, supplements and products.
- Table salt.
- Grains, nuts, seeds and legumes that have not been properly prepared, and including all products containing them.
- High carbohydrate diets.
- Diets that do not contain adequate amounts of protein from meats, eggs and seafoods.
- Low natural fat diets.
Foods That Heal
Saturated Fats Are Vital To Your HealthIn order for all of the body’s cells to be healthy, their membranes must be constructed out of 50% saturated fat, and some cells, like those in the lungs, require 100% saturated fats. Mary G. Enig, PhD, states in her article Saturated Fats and the Lungs: “When people consume a lot of partially hydrogenated fats and oils, the trans fatty acids are put into the phospholipids [fats] where the body normally wants to have saturated fatty acids and the lungs may not work effectively.” The right kinds of fats are nature-made saturated fat, in spite of what we’ve been led to believe. They play many important roles in body chemistry. The truth is, natural nature-made fats and oils have components found only in them, which are health-promoting, and all man-made fats are now known to be disease-causing. Health-giving saturated fats are stable and do not become rancid easily, and they do not draw upon the body’s reserves of antioxidants, nor do they initiate cancer or irritate the artery walls like man-made fats and oils.” Healthy saturated fats are an important part of any healthy meal. They draw nutrients out of foods and slow digestion so that natural enzymes and the assimilation process can take place. As Sally Fallon writes in Confused About Fats: “The following nutrient-rich traditional fats have nourished healthy population groups for thousands of years:
- Beef and lamb tallow
- Chicken, goose and duck fat
- Coconut and palm oils
- Cold pressed olive oil
- Fish oils
- All hydrogenated oils
- Soy, corn and safflower oils
- Cottonseed oil
- Canola oil
- Hemp oil
- All fats heated to very high temperatures in processing and frying”
Good Fats Do Not Make You Fat!Contrary to popular belief good nature-made fats do not create body fat! Carbohydrates and man-made vegetable oils and fats, except olive oil, create body fat! The body also creates fat as a protective mechanism in order to store toxins away from vital inner organs. In Fat, taking the fear out of eating it Lori Lipinski writes: “Despite the fact that tasteless, fat-free foods are being shoved down the throats of the American public, our country keeps getting fatter and fatter. Yet the TV keeps trying to convince us that fat-free foods make us thin and healthy. So in the futile attempt to do the “right” thing, most people are cutting all the fat out of their diet and wondering why they aren’t losing weight.” There are a few reasons for this:
- Low Fat Diets Make You Hungry.
- Low-Fat = High-Carb (if you do not consume enough good fats and oils you will be hungry, filling the void with high-carbs)
- Low-Fat = Low-Protein
Protein & Fats Are Critical To Your HealthProteins and nature-made fats are the two most important foods required by humans, and they are the easiest foods to digest, assimilate and use for energy compared to carbohydrates. In fact humans can maintain perfect health without eating carbohydrates of any kind. This fact was most evident when Vilhjalmur Stefansson, an American anthropologist, and his colleague, Karsten Anderson, submitted to a year long experiment in a hospital under medical supervision, during which they ate only meats and fats (25% meat and 75% nature-made fat) and no carbohydrates of any kind. Here are some excerpts from Stefansson’s report Eskimos Prove An All Meat Diet Provides Excellent Health: Adventures in Diet: “In 1906 I went to the Arctic with the food tastes and beliefs of the average American. By 1918, after eleven years as an Eskimo among Eskimos, I had learned things which caused me to shed most of those beliefs. Ten years later I began to realize that what I had learned was going to influence materially the sciences of medicine and dietetics. However, what finally impressed the scientists and converted many during the last two or three years, was a series of confirmatory experiments upon myself and a colleague [Karsten Anderson} performed at Bellevue Hospital, New York City, under the supervision of a committee representing several universities and other organizations. The experiment started smoothly with Andersen, who was permitted to eat in such quantity as he liked such things as he liked, provided only that they came under our definition of meat – steaks, chops, brains fried in bacon fat, boiled short-ribs, chicken, fish, liver and bacon. In my case there was a hitch, in a way foreseen. For I had published in 1913, on pages 140-142 of My Life with the Eskimo, an account of how some natives and I became ill when we had to go two or three weeks on lean meat, caribou so skinny that there was no appreciable fat behind the eyes or in the marrow. So when Dr. DuBois [who supervised the experiments] suggest that I start the meat period by eating as large quantities as I possibly could of chopped fatless muscle, I predicted trouble. But he countered by citing my own experience where illness had not come until after two or three weeks, and he now proposed lean for only two or three days. So I gave in. The chief purpose of placing me abruptly on exclusively lean was that there would be a sharp contrast with Andersen who was going to be on a normal meat diet, consisting of such proportions of lean and fat as his own taste determined. As said, in the Arctic we had become ill during the second or third fatless week. I now became ill on the second fatless day. The time difference between Bellevue and the Arctic was due no doubt mainly to the existence of a little fat, here and there in our northern caribou – we had eaten the tissue from behind the eyes, we had broken the bones for marrow, and in doing everything we could to get fat we had evidently secured more than we realized. At Bellevue the meat, carefully scrutinized, had been as lean as such muscle tissue can be. Then, in the Arctic we had eaten tendons and other indigestible matter, we had chewed the soft ends of bones, getting a deal of bulk that way when we were trying to secure fat. What we ate at Bellevue contained no bulk material, so that my stomach could be compelled to hold a much larger amount of lean. The symptoms brought on at Bellevue by an incomplete meat diet (lean without fat) were exactly the same as in the Arctic, except that they came on faster – diarrhea and a feeling of general baffling discomfort. Up north the Eskimos and I had been cured immediately when we got some fat. Dr. DuBois now cured me the same way, by giving me fat sirloin steaks, brains fried in bacon fat, and things of that sort. In two or three days I was all right, but I had lost considerable weight. Conclusions of the Experiment:
- I was “about ten pounds overweight” at the beginning of the meat diet and lost all of it.
- We used every few weeks to run around the reservoir in Central Park and thence to his house [Dr. Bubois], going up the stairs two or three at a time . . . Scientific attendants registered our breathing, pulse rate, and other crude reactions. These tests appear to show that our stamina increased with the lengthening of the meat period.
- That meat, as some have contended is a particularly stimulating food I verified during our New York experiment to the extent that it seems to me I was more optimistic and energetic than ordinarily. This may have a bearing on the common report that the uncivilized Eskimos are the happiest people in the world.
- We felt better and looked healthier than our average for the years immediately previous.
Minerals, the Building Blocks of HealthMinerals are vital for every single function carried out by the body, and even though some are only required in minute amounts, called trace minerals, they are very important, as noted by Sally Fallon in Nourishing Traditions: “These [minerals] are needed only in minute amounts, but their absence results in many disease conditions. The number of trace minerals known to be essential to life now exceeds thirty, and some researchers believe that for optimum health we need to take in every substance found in the earth’s crust. Along with familiar trace minerals, such as iron and iodine, the body also needs others less well known, like cobalt, germanium and boron.” There are seven (7) macrominerals required by the body in amounts of 200mg or more per day:
- chloride – contained in ocean sea salt
- sodium – contained in ocean sea salt
- phosphorus – found in all meats and eggs
- potassium – found in meats, eggs and vegetables
- sulphur – found in eggs, meats, lemons,garlic and many other foods
- Eat the correct ratios of protein to fat to carbs from nutrient-dense foods as close to Mother Nature as possible – see Calculate Protein, Fat & Carbs Ratios. The high “good” fats diet helps pull nutrients out of all foods consumed, including minerals, and there are many important minerals in meats and eggs.
- Consume at least 1 cup of a mineral-rich bone broth per day. It should be a “true” bone broth where the bones have been soaked and cooked in an acidic medium and cooked long enough to pull the minerals out of the bones – See Mineral-Rich Bone Broth recipe.
- Drink good filtered water that contains natural minerals as close to Mother Nature as possible. Do not use reverse osmosis or distilled water, since they are devoid of minerals, and actually leach the body of minerals. Adding minerals to them doesn’t help, since it won’t stop the leaching, and it isn’t possible for processed minerals to duplicate Mother Nature’s natural minerals.Therefore it is better to use a simple filter, like Brita or PUR, which filters out chlorine and some contaminates, so you are getting natural occurring minerals, or buy a good reputable Spring water. Another alternative is to boil water for 30 minutes to get rid of chlorine and some contaminates. Do not be concerned about fluoride in your water, since you will be eliminating all other sources of toxic fluoride on this program, including dental treatments, toothpaste, and processed foods and drinks. Fluoride is much more dangerous when there are many sources which accummulate in your body, rather than just one source like water. You should never drink softened water since it is high in sodium which is diuretic, meaning it makes the body lose water along with minerals.
- By ensuring you get a minimum 1 1/2 teaspoons of a “good” ocean sea salt per day (in divided amounts), which contains over 84 minerals, i.e. Celtic Sea Salt (Nature’s Cargo in Canada), Himalayan, or a less expensive ocean sea salt like this one Le Paludier – Organic Unrefined Coarse Grey Sea Salt, which is available in many health stores and online.Do not use Redmond’s Sea salt since it only contains 54 minerals, and not 84 minerals like “true” ocean sea salts do. The grey color of ocean sea salt indicates the minerals in it, and it should be moist. The larger the crystals and the moister it is, the most minerals it will contain, as opposed to finer grades of the same salt that are lighter grey. Since good ocean sea salt is coarse and moist it isn’t possible to grind it in a regular pepper or salt grinder, however there are special grinders available. Or grind it up in a coffee grinder. But it is much better to sprinkle large moist crystals on foods or into drinks with your fingers, rather than grinding them up.
- Take calcium and magnesium supplements if not enough is obtained from foods, which are needed by those people who cannot tolerate dairy products, see Healthy Diet Supplement – Description & Doses.
- Moderate protein intake from animal meats, cheese, eggs, and seafoods.
- High intake of natural fats and oils.
- Low carbohydrates.
Recommended Protein, Fat and Carb RatiosThe recommended protein, fat and carbs to consume daily are calculated according to your height, see How to Calculate Protein, Fat and Carb Ratios.
How to Choose Healthy Foods
- Foods must be as fresh and as close to Nature as possible (unprocessed).
- Foods must not contain mycotoxins, i.e. alcoholic beverages, corn, wheat, barley, sugar cane and sugar beets, sorghum, peanuts, rye, cottonseed, etc. See Mycotoxic Foods — Top 10.
- Foods must not be produced by hydrogenation processes.
- Foods must be free of additives, pesticides, heavy metals, irradiation, neurotoxins (MSG, carrageenan, etc.), nitrates, sulphites, etc.
- Foods must not be irradiated. All commercial spices in North America are irradiated. Be aware that irradiated spices can be used in processed products but they do not have to be identified.
- Do not be misled by foods that are labelled as “natural” or “all natural”. These terms are not regulated so they can be used by any company in order to sell their products.
- Ideal foods are “certified organic” or organic. “Certified organic” is highly regulated, which means foods that carry the designation must meet certain specific standards. “Certified organic” standards are different in each country, with places like Chili and Mexico having lower standards than the United States and Canada.
- “Organic” is not a regulated designation so any company can use it in order to sell their products. Some companies that use the designation “organic” do follow good standards.
- Meats, cheese, and eggs should be from “free-range” (or free roaming) animals and poultry. “Free-range” implies that a meat or poultry (chicken, turkey, etc.) products comes from an animal that was raised in the open air or was free to roam and eat their natural foods.
Its use on beef is unregulated and there is no standard definition of this term. The term “free-range” is only regulated by the USDA for use on meat poultry products. USDA requires that birds have been given “access to the outdoors but for an undetermined period each day.”
However that means they only need to “have access to the outdoors,” but they could still be confined in pens that are crowded, and they wouldn’t necessarily have access to insects, bugs, worms, etc., that are part of their natural diet. “Free-range” claims on eggs are not regulated.
Protein IntakeIt is important for your health to eat the amount of protein required by your body from a selection of quality protein foods such as animal meats, eggs, and seafoods on a daily basis. Proteins are found in all types of food, but only meats, eggs, cheese, and seafoods contain complete proteins, providing the eight essential amino acids that your body cannot produce on its own, see Nutrients Required for Human Health & Healing. Carbs contain incomplete proteins and they also do not contain vital fat-soluble vitamins required by the body for absorbing and utilizing protein and other nutrients. Amino acids (made by the body from protein) provide the structure of all living things and in the human body they make up the muscles, ligaments, tendons, organs, glands, nails, hair and body fluids (except bile and urine). Enzymes, hormones and genes are also made up of various amino acids. Protein in the diet has the unique quality of slowing the breakdown of carbohydrates, which decreases the need for insulin secretion by the pancreas and it also stimulates glucagon release, the hormone that unlocks our stored fuel. Protein also increases hydrochloric acid in the stomach and it stimulates the gall bladder to dump bile into the duodenum (first part of the small intestines) for proper digestion and gall bladder health.
Beef, lamb, and bisonBeef, lamb, and bison are healthier if they are “certified organic” grass-fed and free-range animals. These animals are herbivores, meaning they are adapted to consume plant foods, which does not include a diet high in grains and soy. Too many grains and soy are just as damaging to them as they are to humans. Beef that is truly grass-fed is a natural source of omega-3 fats (essential fatty acid) and vitamins A, D and E. True vitamin A, or retinol, is only found in animal fats and organs meats like liver. On the other hand plants contain beta-carotene, a substance that the body can convert into vitamin A (retinol) if certain conditions are present. But some people have difficulty converting beta-carotene, especially those with thyroid problems, fungal or candida overgrowth or other serious health problems. Beta-carotene is not “true” vitamin A. Grass-fed beef is also an ideal source of taurine and carnitine, needed for healthy eyes and a healthy heart and it contains coenzyme Q10, another key nutrient for the cardiovascular system. Beef is also an excellent source of minerals like magnesium and zinc. All cattle are grass-fed to some small extent, but during the few months prior to being processed most are fed grains in order to fatten them up. The best sources of grass-fed meats are local farmers that practice true “organic” or “certified organic” farming, and who provide their animals with lots of room to free-range and forage on grass. Beef should be butchered in the fall after a summer of feeding on fresh green grass.
Pork, ham, and baconPork, ham, and bacon should be from pigs that are free-range and fed their natural diet. Pigs are omnivores, meaning they are adapted to eat a varied diet like humans, i.e. proteins, fats and carbs. Pigs also thrive on eating soil and they are ideal ploughs, as reported in Pigs for small farms: Why Pigs Have Snouts and Raising Pigs on soil in Japan: Pigs had cleared the trees and grass, eaten it all, and quickly turned poor red mountain soil into fertile black soil rich in microorganisms, and the microorganisms then became good food for pigs. Black soil is soft and warm, it easily absorbs the warmth of the sun. Pigs are ideal ploughs, rooting up weeds and turning over the ground, while they manure it at the same time, see Pigs for small farms: Why Pigs Have Snouts and Raising Pigs on soil in Japan.
Poultry & EggsPoultry & Eggs are healthier when they are from free-range birds that eat their natural diet which includes green grass and other green plants, insects, worms and meats. Poultry that are pastured naturally will come from farms that are lush with pastures, which will produce deep yellow to orange colored egg yolks and yellow fat. Local farms are a good source of free-range “certified organic” poultry and eggs. These poultry are not “stressed,” while mass-produced chickens are raised in severely cramped quarters and fed foods that are unnatural to them. This results in not only reduced health value, but less taste and less good fat. Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods you can eat – They are a great source of high-quality protein and are rich in vitamins and nutrients essential to health, including B vitamins, vitamin A and vitamin E. In fact the only reliable and absorbable sources of vitamin B12 are from animal products, especially organ meats and eggs. Vitamin B12 is vital to a healthy nervous system and healthy blood and the one of the important nutrients lacking in vegetarians. Whole, organic eggs are phenomenally inexpensive, and are an incredible source of high-quality nutrients that many of us are deficient in, especially high-quality protein and fat. An easy way to consume eggs is with Bee’s Raw Egg Drink. Also see articles about eggs. Contrary to popular belief eggs are not a likely source of salmonella contamination – see Eggs Not a Likely Source of Salmonella Contamination.
CheeseThe ideal cheese is raw and unpasteurized from cows that are free-range “certified organic” and who are fed their natural diet, particularly green grass.
Fish & SeafoodFish & Seafood should be from non-farmed sources, and as free of mercury and other pollutants as possible. Unfortunately some fish and seafoods contain high mercury levels and other toxins, particularly those that are farm-raised, i.e. salmon, shrimp, and trout. The safest sources are fresh and wild-caught fish from the ocean and not from inland lakes, rivers or streams. Fresh fish is not labeled thoroughly so it is wise to ask about the source of the fish, i.e. from farm, lake or ocean, in order to find out whether it is fresh, wild-caught ocean-going fish, or shellfish, fish roe (fish eggs), etc. in season from clean waters. Good fish to buy include Wild Alaskan or Pacific salmon, Summer Flounder, Croaker, Haddock, Arctic Char, fresh sardines, shrimp, herring, and anchovies. Fresh cold-water fish are also good, i.e. tuna, cod, haddock, herring, perch, and snapper, since they spend their lifetimes in the open seas far from contaminated coastal waters. Canned skipjack or albacore tuna are safer than canned bluefin or yellowfin tuna. Small seafoods, such as oysters, sardines, anchovies and shrimp, are okay to eat since they are small enough to have minimal contamination. Buy all canned fish packed only in olive oil or spring water. Avoid fish species that stay in coastal waters, or from inland lakes, rivers or streams, and those that consume near the top of the food chain, i.e. bluefish, carp, catfish, striped bass, trout, etc.
High Intake of Natural Fats & OilsHigh Intake of Natural Fats & Oils (including oil soluble vitamins A, D & E, and omega-3 essential fatty acids). Nature-made fats and oils are equally important to protein in the diet and they are vital to your health, including butter, unrefined coconut oil, fish oil, lard, poultry fat, tallow, and other natural fats. These fats and oils not only increase the body’s ability to absorb nutrients from foods but also provide the most efficient source of energy for the body compared to carbs/glucose. Carbohydrates require a tremendous amount of body resources and energy in order to be digested and assimilated, whereas naturale saturated fats go directly into the bloodstream, providing an efficient source of energy and nutrients. They are found in every cell in the body, providing the building blocks for cell membranes and a variety of hormones and hormone-like substances. Natural fats and oils, along with other nutrients, chelates out (get rid of) heavy metals such as aluminum, mercury from dental fillings, nickel, lead, etc. that may have accumulated in the body, and they cleanse the entire body, rebuild cell membranes, etc. This is because these fats are powerful antioxidants (clean out toxins) and because they increase the production of bile by the liver. Bile binds to, and eliminates heavy metals. Also nature-made fats and protein stimulate the gall bladder to dump its bile into the duodenum (first part of the small intestines). Bile is essential for digestion. That is why these fats put very little strain on the digestive system, even for people who do not have a gall bladder or have difficulty digesting fats. These fats act as carriers for important fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K, and for the conversion of carotene to vitamin A, for mineral absorption and for a host of other processes. The kinds of fats consumed greatly influences the assimilation and utilization of vitamin D as well.
ButterButter from raw unpasteurized milk from “certified organic” grass-fed cows is a tasty, important saturated fat in the diet. Butter added to vegetables and meats ensures proper assimilation of minerals and water-soluble vitamins in foods. There are many trace minerals contained in butterfat, including manganese, zinc, chromium, and iodine, as well as Vitamin D and many other nutrients. In areas far from the sea iodine in butter protects against goiter (enlarged thyroid). Butter is also extremely rich in selenium, a trace mineral with antioxidant properties. Butter is a unique dairy product because pasteurization does not destroy its fat soluble vitamins. These include true vitamin A (retinol), vitamin D, vitamin K and vitamin E, as well as all of their naturally occurring cofactors needed to obtain maximum effect. Butter is the best source of these important nutrients. In fact, vitamin A is more easily absorbed and utilized from butter than from other sources and it is one of the best sources of true vitamin A. Beta Carotene is not true vitamin A, which is contained in some vegetables. Beta carotene must be converted in the body to retinol (true vitamin A) which cannot be done by some people.
Coconut OilCoconut Oil is another healthy saturated fat that contains many beneficial properties. The fat in coconut oil is easily digested and absorbed, unlike the man-made fats or oils that act just like plastic in the body. It puts very little strain on the digestive system and provides a quick source of energy necessary to promote healing. Here are some other very interesting facts about Coconut Oil:
- Supports immune system function.
- Supplies important nutrients necessary for good health.
- Improves digestion and the absorption of nutrients from proteins and carbohydrates.
- Reduces our need for Vitamin E.
- It is a powerful antioxidant (helps the body get rid of toxins and heavy metals).
- It can be used on the skin to restore and repair it, and to moisturize it.
- It can be used as a hair conditioner. It softens the hair, conditions the scalp and controls dandruff or cradle cap (caused by yeast/candida overgrowth).
- Its antiseptic fatty acids help to prevent fungal and bacterial infections when it is consumed or applied to the skin.
- It is the biggest chemical barrier to infectious organisms is the acid layer on the skin. This is why sweat and the oil produced on our skin are good for us. Taking fewer showers and baths is advisable because it allows the skin to build up natural oils, which forms a good acidic protective barrier, and also helps the skin make vitamin D when exposed to the sun.Soap washes off the protective layer of oil and acid on our skin. After a shower or bath apply coconut oil to the entire body to quickly re-establish the skin’s natural antimicrobial and acid barrier.
- It helps reduce chronic skin inflammation, i.e. rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, etc.
- It soothes and heals.
- Cold- or Expeller- pressed.
Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs)The human body can produce all but two of the fatty acids it needs, which are omega–3 and omega–6 fatty acids. These two fatty acids are called essential because we have to get them from food since our bodies cannot manufacture them from other fats. Most diets today contain an excessive amount of omega–6, therefore it is important to ensure the diet contains more omega–3 rich foods to offset this imbalance. Good sources of omega–3s are meats and eggs. However, the best source of omega–3 is found in fish. That is because omega–3 in fish is high in two fatty acids crucial to human health, which are called eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). These two fatty acids are essential to health, and also in preventing heart disease, cancer, and many other diseases. EPA and DHA from fish do not require conversion by the body like alpha–linolenic acid (ALA) found in flaxseed oil. Flaxseed oil is not recommended for omega–3 because it contains a form of omega 3, called alpha–linolenic acid (ALA), that must be converted by the body to the forms it can use, which are EPA and DHA (found in fish oils, and cod liver oil). Most unhealthy people are incapable of making the conversion of ALA to EPA and DHA, therefore they need to get their omega 3 from fish and not take flaxseed oil. Evening primrose oil and borage oil are recommended by many health practitioners however they contain omega–6 and no omega–3, and the diet contains plenty of omega–6 without taking any extra supplements. Please note that Krill oil is not recommended because it contains 48 times the antioxidant capacity of regular fish oils, and it is more highly absorbable than other fish oils – that’s a hugh danger signal. Dr. Weston A. Price used cod liver oil successfully, but he also warns not to take too much because it will create imbalances and can even be toxic. That’s why my recommendations are modest, aligning more with Dr. Price’s research.
Fat-Soluble VitaminsThese include true vitamin A (called retinol), vitamin D, vitamin E and vitamin K, as well as all of their natural occurring cofactors. All of these fat-soluble vitamins are essential to health and a healthy immune system. The best sources of these important fat-soluble vitamins are animal meats, poultry, fish, seafood, and their by-products, cod liver oil, lard from pigs exposed to sunlight, liver and other organ meats, wild-caught fish and seafood, butter, and eggs to name a few.
- Vitamin A is all-important in our diets since it enables the body to use proteins and minerals, ensures proper vision, acts as an antioxidant, enhances the immune system, enables reproduction, and fights infections.
- Vitamin E is a very effective antioxidant that is depleted by a low-fat diet. Vitamin E improves circulation, promotes normal clotting and healing, repairs tissues, reduces blood pressure, and most importantly it increases oxygen in the body.
- Vitamin K is needed for blood clotting and plays an important role in bone formation. It also converts glucose into glycogen for storage in the liver. Vitamin K is made by the body in the large intestines. Some people who have digestive problems may not be able to make vitamin K but there is an abundant supply in many foods, so there is no need to take extra supplements.
- Vitamin D is required for calcium and phosphorus absorption and utilization. It is necessary for growth, for healthy bones and teeth, for proper development of the brain and nervous systems and for normal sexual development. Vitamin D normalizes blood sugar when there is adequate calcium in the diet. Vitamin D is actually more of a hormone than it is a vitamin.Ordinarily in summer months the sun produces vitamin D on the oils of the skin. However, I believe it is difficult, to almost impossible, for most people today to get vitamin D from the sun since there are so many factors involved, including having enough oils built up on the skin, not showering or bathing too often using chlorinated water and soap which removes natural oils, etc. – see Vitamin D – Amount of Sun Exposure Required for more details. For that reason I recommend everyone take cod liver oil all year. See Cod Liver Oil Brand with Nutrient Levels which compares some brands, and gives doses, and extra supplements that are required in order to obtain the recommended daily amounts.
Cod Liver Oil & Fish OilsVitamin D, Vitamin A and Omega 3 essential fatty acid contained in fish are so essential to health it is important to take a supplement, and the best form is cod liver oil. Fish oils only contain Omega 3, but they can be taken if you also take vitamin A and D from a fish “liver” oil like cod, halibut or shark. Amount of Vitamin A, D & Omega 3 Required Daily
Vitamin A: 20,000 to 30,000 IU Vitamin D: 800 to 1,200 IU Omega-3: 2,000 to 3,000mgSome brands of cod liver oil are processed to remove all the vitamins A and D and then synthetic vitamins A and D are added back in. These products are acceptable if the daily recommended amounts are taken, because too high levels can be toxic. However this is easily handled by not taking it one day every month. The synthetic form of vitamin D is found in some supplements, which is designated as D2, also called ergocalciferol. “True” vitamin D is designated as D3, called cholecalciferol. Also synthetic forms of vitamin A are in some supplements. True vitamin A is called “retinol.” Some cod liver oil brands do not contain enough vitamin A or D, so extra supplements must be taken to obtain the amounts required. In that case you will need to buy vitamin A and/or D separately from cod, halibut or shark “liver” oil capsules, which contain vitamins A and D, or vitamin A only, as required. Cod liver oil should be kept refrigerated after opening – see these Cod Liver Oil articles for more information about cod liver oil and nutrients levels in certain products. Note: Fish oil products only contain omega-3 (EPA & DHA), so you also need to get separate vitamin A and D supplements from cod, halibut or shark “liver” oil capsules. Look for cod liver oil brands that are free of chemical modification and processing (unrefined), purified to the highest standards, routinely tested and free from detectable levels of mercury, cadmium, lead, PCBs and other contaminants. The best brand of cod liver oil in North America is Garden of Life — see Cod Liver Oil Products with Nutrient Levels for more doses and details.
Low CarbohydratesCarbohydrates are any foods not classified as protein or fat, which includes vegetables, grains, nuts, seeds, legumes, fruits, sugar and all forms of sugar such as honey, molasses, maple syrup, corn syrup, etc. Low carbohydrate consumption is one of the most important aspects of healing naturally because:
- Carbohydrates do not contain essential elements for health.
- Carbohydrates require a tremendous amount of body resources in order to digest and assimilate them.
- Fats and proteins are the easiest foods for the body to digest and assimilate.
- The body’s ideal energy source is high nature-made fats rather than glucose from carbohydrate foods. In fact 58% of protein and 10% of fats turn into glucose in the body, which easily fulfill all of the body’s requirements for sugar.
- The body runs more efficiently on high nature-made fats rather than carbohydrates.
- Grains, nuts, seeds and legumes must be properly prepared in order to make them fit for human consumption. People who are unhealthy should not consume these foods until they are completely well again.
- Fruits must be kept to a minimum, with preferably no more than two servings per day, and they must always be accompanied by plenty of nature-made fats to slow the release of fructose into the body, i.e. heavy cream. Unhealthy people should totally eliminate them, except for small amounts of lemons and limes.
- Vegetables are best when they are fermented long enough, and any vegetable can be fermented the same way sauerkraut and kimchi are.
- Eat vegetables that are very healing to the body, which includes the entire onion and cabbage family, including raw garlic, onions, horseradish, cabbage, broccoli, turnip, bok choy, kale, etc.
- Cook all vegetables long enough to break their cell walls (cellulose) so their nutrients and minerals are available. Cook until the vegetable changes color; some greens require long cooking times of over 30 minutes. Save the cooking water to add to soups and broths.
- Juices made from fruits and vegetables should not be consumed unless they are accompanied by plenty of good nature-made fats to slow the release of fructose and other sugars into the body. Unhealthy people should not consume any juices until they are healthy again. To make mineral-rich vegetable juice, cook the vegetable long enough to break the cellulose walls of the cells, which releases minerals, and drink the water (juice) along with some good fats like butter, coconut oil, etc.
- Raw vegetables are very hard to digest so they are not advisable for those who have digestive problems or disorders.
- Salads should always be consumed with plenty of homemade salad dressing or mayonnaise that is homemade – all commercially available products contain man-made oils that are damaging to health. See Recipes/Cooking.
Supplements to TakeBecause of the lack of nutrients in soil nowadays, which results in much lower nutrients in our foods, everyone needs to take certain basic supplements in order to maintain their health, but they are particularly critical for people who are unhealthy. See Healthy Diet Supplements – Description & Details and Healthy Diet Supplements Chart
How to Improve & Cure Digestive Problems & DiseasesBecause today’s standard diet contains too much sugar, processed foods, toxins, and they are too high in carbohydrates, many people are suffering with digestive problems and diseases, including stomach aches and upsets, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, heartburn, acid reflux, colitis, Crohn’s disease, etc. This is because those foods and toxins are causing such damage, and because the diet does not contain enough nutrients from meats, eggs, good saturated fats, minerals, salt, and other foods that ensure proper digestion. The fact is, meats, eggs, and good saturated fats are the very easiest foods for the body to digest compared to any sugars or carbohydrates. Take acid reflux for example. Did you know that the symptoms for low stomach acid and high stomach acid are exactly the same? However doctors and many others assume that an upset stomach and heartburn means high stomach acid, however exactly the opposite is true! Because of today’s standard diet the stomach is not able to produce enough acid! To see whether your own stomach produces enough acid see Stomach Acid Problems & Help and Digestive Enzymes, How to Take Them.
Initial Steps That Improve Digestion
- Avoid raw vegetables until digestion has improved, except for fermented vegetables, which are actually pre-digested.
- Do not overcook meats, and undercook egg yolks leaving them runny, leaving their nutrients intact.
- Use spices liberally when cooking, and add ocean sea salt to foods after they are cooked.
- Drink about 3-4 ounces of the electrolyte drink (juice of 1/2 lemon and 1/4 tsp ocean sea salt in 6 ounces of water) just before you begin to eat a meal, and sip the remainder of the 6 ounces throughout the meal.
- Chew foods thoroughly to stimulate digestive enzymes in the mouth and to break up foods into the smallest particles possible for better digestion.
- Eat enough foods at each meal which contains a good balance of proteins, good fats and vegetables.
- Eat at least 2 complete meals per day, but not more than 3 meals.
- Avoid snacking in between meals to allow time for the body digest meals and for it to rest between meals.
- Eat at least 1 tablespoon of unheated sauerkraut or kimchi with each meal.
- Take Betaine hydrochloric acid to help digestion and make your pancreas do its job.
Foods That Improve Digestion
- Protein from meats and eggs.
- “Good” fats such as coconut oil, butter, lard, natural-occurring animal fats, fish oil, etc.
- Ocean sea salt.
- Lemon juice – see Lemons.
- Mineral-rich bone broths – see recipe.
- Fermented foods and drinks, i.e. cabbage rejuvelac, sauerkraut, kimchi, etc. – see recipes.
- Spices, teas and herbs, i.e. chamomile, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.
Improve Detoxification and Increase Oxygen
Cleansing the Natural WayWhile many health practitioners recommend cleansing or cleanses of the bowels or other organs in the body, these treatments can be very harsh. Liver, kidney and gallbladder cleanses dump too many toxins into the body at one time, which most sick people cannot handle. There have been cases of people with life threatening conditions caused by such cleanses, requiring emergency room treatment. Also, liver and gall bladder cleanses can release liver and galls stones into the bile ducts that can block and tear them, requiring emergency surgery. Some cleanses are a combination of herbs or ingredients that unhealthy people are not able to tolerate. This is not only because they release too many toxins into the system at one time, but also because the ingredients themselves are often too strong, causing adverse reactions. That is because the body is overwhelmed by them. However, this diet contains high saturated fats, which are very important for liver and gall bladder health. Over time the diet will normalize functioning of all organs, including the liver, gall bladder and adrenals, and it may even dissolve any stones that are present. It is much more effective and safer to cleanse the body naturally, while building up the immune system, rather cleansing the body prematurely. This nature-made diet, supplements and other treatments recommended will do a good job of increasing digestion, strengthening the walls of the intestines (mostly with good saturated fats), increasing good motility of the intestines, cleaning out the liver, adrenals and gall bladder, increasing kidney function, etc. and it will affect any cleansing that the body sees necessary. This diet also chelates out heavy metals such as mercury, lead, aluminum, etc. Therefore cleansing treatments and cleanses are not required, nor are they recommended, except for enemas. Coffee enemas are particularly effective for decongesting and detoxifying the liver and lymph system, see Enemas.
Fasting Is Not RecommendedFasting is also not recommended. Even though fasting is intended to give the body a rest and/or to allow it to clear out toxins and wastes, during that time your body is also not getting the nutrients it requires for healing and energy. It is more important to build up the immune system and to allow the body to cleanse itself as it sees fit. Between meals it is important you fast so nutrients can be assimilated and utilized without your body having to direct its energies towards digesting more food. That is why snacking is also not recommended. Some people do a type of fasting by only consuming the raw egg drink for a few days at a time. That is not considered “true fasting” and it wouldn’t cause problems because you would be getting plenty of nutrients and energy.
Increase OxygenIncreasing oxygen in the body is extremely important for healing and for maintaining health. As discussed in the section on sugar above, sugar and all forms of it, including high carbohydrate diets, causes lower oxygen levels in the body. Therefore to increase oxygen levels the first step is to eliminate sugars and all form of it, and to eat a low carbohydrate diet along with moderate protein and high natural fats. Oxygen levels are also increased by taking respiratory enzymes and vitamins as follows:
- Niacin (B3), and not niacinamide nor any other form of niacin.
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin).
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid).
- Vitamin E, not derived from soy, called “clear base” or “dry” formulas.
- Vitamin C, which stimulates the body to produce hydrogen peroxide which is also a respiratory enzyme. That is why megadoses of vitamin C used by Orthomolecular Physicians and given intravenously to treat cancer patients.
Create Natural Immunity
Create natural immunity by following Nature’s Fundamental Laws on Health and Healing!
Viruses, bacteria, candida/fungi, and even cancer are created by the body itself and in all of Nature for good purposes. They are Nature’s Housekeepers, see You Cannot Catch Bugs, Germs, Bacteria or Candida/Fungi.
It’s like the manure pile and the flies, with the manure pile representing the poor condition of the body. First, there wouldn’t be any flies without the manure pile, and second, you cannot get rid of flies unless you cleanup the manure pile.
Do Not Overwhelm Your BodyDo not overwhelm your body by taking too many different kinds of healing substances at the same time and by taking too much at one time. It is more beneficial to take the amounts recommended and to start with lower doses and gradually increase them every 4-5 days. “More is not better!” Taking too many kinds at once, or taking too high of a dose, is not only a waste of money but it can also overwhelm and confuse the body. When the body receives too much at one time it can become over-stimulated. When it is over-stimulated it will either react violently, which will create a flood of healing symptoms, or it will shut down in order to avoid so much stimulus. It is also important to allow the body to utilize substances and treatments in its own way and time. Pushing the body too hard will only put you through more severe healing and cleansing symptoms, which are unnecessary and avoidable.
Healing Symptoms & ReactionsHealing symptoms and reactions occur as a result of the activity of nature’s healing forces in overcoming chronic disease conditions. It is brought about when the body becomes overcrowded by wastes and toxins. Cells and tissues begin to throw off the waste and carry it from the bloodstream to various eliminating organs including the bowels, kidneys, lungs, skin, nasal passages, ears, throat, and genital organs. These organs, in turn, become congested and irritated, producing symptoms such as colds, the flu, boils, skin problems (rash, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, etc.), kidney and bladder infections, headaches, ear or eye infections, a fever, diarrhea and/or constipation, to name a few. That is what the body creates during a healing crisis in order to heal and eliminate toxins. First the toxins are removed and then the tissues are renewed. These symptoms and the process of elimination are part of the cure which should not be suppressed. Although a healing crisis and a disease crisis may look alike they are very different. A disease crisis is when the body is loaded to the toleration point with wastes and toxins. The body arouses itself in self-defense and brings on an acute inflammation such as a cold, fever, the flu, etc. in order to get rid of wastes and toxins. If they are not eliminated the body adapts itself to function at a lower energy level. However these wastes and toxins accumulate and inhibit the body’s organs from performing their normal functions until a chronic disease occurs. On the other hand, a healing crisis develops because the healing forces are strengthening. By changing the diet to a highly nutritious one, and by eliminating as many sources of damaging substances as possible the body gets stronger, so it digs into the tissues and eliminates old chronic waste and toxins, and it rebuilds and renews them. Skin problems are caused by toxins being eliminated through the skin, and because the body externalizes healing to the skin to protect vital inner organs.
Make Changes GraduallyThe most important aspect of the healing crisis is to never go to extremes when making changes to your diet or life style. It is important to introduce changes gradually, one at a time, allowing the body to adapt to the changes and adjust itself. Trying to change too many things at once can be counter-productive and discouraging, and it may postpone the goal of overall superior health. Changes made one step at a time will allow the body time to adjust to them without it being overwhelmed. As you make positive changes to your diet or life style and as each one becomes well-integrated into your daily routine, they will replace old “bad” habits with new “good” habits resulting in a healthier happier existence with your body. This approach also allows your body to do its job better because it allows it to heal in its own time and way. For more articles see Healing Naturally. The severity and/or number of healing reactions you will experience depend upon:
- How long you’ve had failing health.
- How seriously your health has been deteriorated.
- How much waste and toxins have accumulated in your body.
- How often you’ve been traumatized during your lifetime by injuries, diseases, illness, stress, etc.
- How severely your symptoms and reactions were suppressed by drugs and other harsh treatments.
- The overall strength and vitality of your body.
- How good the “nutritional status” of both your parents was, which you acquired upon conception.
Hering’s Law of CuresThese natural laws can be very comforting when it appears as if your symptoms are too severe or they are lasting too long.
- Symptoms of a chronic disease disappear in definite order, going in reverse through every illness, symptom, disease, ache, pain or injury. This called “re-tracing.” During “re-tracing” you will not experience the “actual” disease, injury or illness. It will be a much milder form that is more like a “copy” of it.
- It takes about one month of natural healing for every year the symptoms have been present.
- Healing progresses from the more vital organs to the less vital organs; from inside of the body towards the skin and from the top of the body down.
The Natural Healing ProcessWhen you improve your nutrition, and particularly when you eliminate foods that damage your health, you will experience a range of natural healing symptoms and reactions, such as:
- Withdrawal symptoms caused by addiction to foods.
- Cleansing reactions caused by the elimination of waste and toxins.
- Increased symptoms, where previous symptoms and reactions are intensified.
- Retracing symptoms, when every previous illness, symptom, disease, ache, pain, or injury is re-experienced, which means the body is detoxifying and repairing areas that were affected.
Withdrawal SymptomsWithdrawal Symptoms will be similar to what alcoholics experience when they stop drinking alcohol. Withdrawal symptoms occur because certain foods are highly addictive, just like alcohol, i.e. sugar, grains, and other high carbohydrate foods. This will cause you to crave those foods because you’ve become “unknowingly” addicted to them. At times it may make you feel as if you are starving, when you actually aren’t. For help in handling these reactions see Food Cravings and Withdrawal Symptoms.
Cleansing ReactionsHealing symptoms include cleansing, or detoxifying, reactions, which produces “flu-like” symptoms. This is because the body is trying to eliminate waste and toxins that have accumulated. This results in excessive mucus being produced in the sinuses, nose, throat, and lungs. These flu-like symptoms will also include an a head cold, upset stomach, gas, bloating, belching, muscle and joint aches and pains, clumsiness, headaches, migraines, “brain fog,” etc. Often you may feel like you have been drugged. This is because toxins are mostly chemicals. To help your body detoxify see Die-Off Symptoms.
Increased SymptomsDuring natural healing any symptoms you experienced before changing your nutritional status may intensify. These symptoms vary from person to person, depending upon which area(s) of their body were most affected. For example, a person who has experienced a lot of digestive problems will find their digestive upsets and disturbances will increase, and someone who had a lot of head-related symptoms will find their headaches, fogginess and disorientation will increase.
Retracing Previous DamageBody cells retain memories of past illnesses, and retracing is the process of re-experiencing, re-activating, and working through them. Therefore, during natural healing your body will go backwards in time through every previous illness, symptom, disease, ache, pain, or injury in order to detoxify and repair areas that were not completely healed, as stated in Hering’s Law of Cures. This is nature’s way of housecleaning and repairing previous damage that was done.
Healing Reactions Means SuccessTo help you “endure” the onslaught of healing symptoms and reaction, keep in mind that any reactions means you are succeeding in ridding your body of toxic minerals, chemicals, bacteria, viruses, and parasites, and that “natural healing” is taking place. Every drugless healing practitioner is well aware of this healing reaction phenomenon (something that is impressive or extraordinary) The Cancer Clinics in Mexico explain to their patients that without a healing reaction within the first two weeks of the program they must be re-evaluated for what could be causing the delay. (This could be from ingesting things that counteract the program or from using personal care items such as lotions, cosmetics, hair care items, etc. that interfere with the program, or not taking the prescribed amount of coffee enemas.) When a patient experiences a healing reaction all of the staff rejoices with the patient. Healing symptoms and reactions usually get worse before they get better, but eventually your good days will increase and your bad days will decrease. One day you will be able to look back and see how far you’ve progressed.
Foods That Heal Summary
- The best healing diet includes moderate protein from meats and eggs, low-carbohydrates, and high “good” fats like unrefined coconut oil, butter, lard, and other natural occurring animal, bird, and fish fats.
- Do not consume any processed foods, fake foods and food products, particularly white flour in any foods, i.e. bread, pasta, pastries, cake, cookies, etc. and no polished rice.
- Do not consume any man-made unnatural vegetable oils and fats, except extra virgin olive oil, and any foods or drinks containing them.
- Only consume grains, nuts, seeds and legumes (beans and peas from pods) that have been properly prepared.
- Do not buy any foods that are irradiated (zapped with radiation) and do not microwave foods or drinks, not even water.
- Fermented foods and drinks are predigested, and aid digestion, so they are good to have with every meal, i.e. sauerkraut, kimchi, yogurt, etc.
- Avoid all sugars and sweet foods, and only have minimal amounts of fruit (maximum of 2 servings per day if you are healthy), and only when they are accompanied by plenty of “good” fat to slow their release into the system.
- Do not consume any soybeans, and any products, foods, drinks and supplements containing soy.
- Do not consume any table salt or products containing salt.
- Take these basic Healthy Diet Supplement Details daily – also see this handy Supplements Chart.